You can lose weight in time for summer just by changing the way you have dinner, eating an earlier and lighter meal. If you start now, you’ll notice the results in two months…
It’s happened again. Time is relentless and there are only a little over two months left for summer and, therefore, for when you want to look your best. The first thing you have to understand is that you can’t do miracles in two months, but you can improve your diet so your weight is more appropriate. Don’t do something silly. Losing weight is easier than you think. Eating a healthy dinner and exercising more may be more than enough for you to notice the results.
The importance of the last meal
Dinner is the last meal of the day and in theory, the one that should be lighter and easier to digest, because when you sleep is when you need less energy. And if you want to sleep well, you need to have a balanced and healthy dinner. That’s the theory, but the reality is that you’re often quite hungry at dinner time (you haven’t had any food for hours and your lunch is quite often a sandwich or just one dish), stress, little desire to cook and really wanting to relax.
All of these factors combined mean that you often eat too much for dinner and that ends up translating into being overweight. Without forgetting that weekends often involve “special” dinners and that the weekend sometimes starts on Thursdays. The fact is that when you change your dinner habits, you start losing weight without realising.
Dinner proposals to help you lose weight
Eating a lighter dinner than your usual is the key to losing weight. A salad or vegetables as a first course and fish (better if it’s white), white meat or eggs as a second course is enough. Therefore, it’s a matter of prioritising high biological quality proteins and reducing your intake of carbohydrates and fats, in addition to getting a good portion of vitamins from vegetables. Pasta, rice, potatoes or legumes are best for lunch, but you can include them in small quantities as a side some nights. Fruit and yoghurt are again ideal desserts.
Said like that, it may sound a little boring, but the truth is that you can come up with very tasty recipes with these basic ingredients like the ones we propose below:
– Rocket salad and parmesan shavings (15 g)
– Grilled chicken breast (100-120 g) with a tomato
– Plain yoghurt
– Sautéed green beans with mushrooms
– Omelette (one egg)
– Strawberries with orange juice
– Lettuce hearts with vinaigrette
– Hake (100-130 g) en Papillote with carrot
– Fresh low-fat cheese (80-100 g) with light strawberry jam
– Toast with roasted vegetable salad
– Grilled beef steak (100-120 g)
– Plain yoghurt (better if low-fat)
– Grilled asparagus
– Salmon carpaccio (100-120 g)
– Fresh fruit salad
10 rules for the rest of the day
Eating well at dinner is basic, but if you want to lose weight, you should also follow these tips:
- Walk for a minimum of 45 minutes every day and exercise more.
- Eat five times a day (breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner) and stop snaking.
- Relax so you don’t end up eating to cope with anxiety. If you need to, take a supplement to help you relax.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol (this applies to weekends too).
- Drink water and drink a glass before each meal.
- Have a good breakfast (fruit, cereals and dairy).
- Be careful with weekend excesses.
- Include vegetables (best raw) in each meal.
- If you go to a restaurant, try to compensate with your next meal.
- Choose cooking methods such as steaming, roasting, pan-frying… and eat less fried and stewed food…
You can consult more healthy recipes in this section of our blog.